Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

A R Rahman turned down move to Mumbai due to “underworld mafia culture”; says, “Subhash Ghai asked me to…”

Two-time Oscar winner AR Rahman has revealed that he turned down the opportunity to move to Mumbai in the early 1990s due to the city's underworld mafia culture.  In an interview with The Hindu, Rahman said that he was offered a massive house in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, by a big producer if he moved to Mumbai. However, he declined the offer, saying that he was not comfortable living in the city at the time. AR Rahman asserted, “I remember in 1994, a big producer from Andhra Pradesh said he’d give me a massive place in Banjara Hills if I moved out from Chennai. I just smiled at him. Later, when I found prominence up North, Subhash Ghai asked me to learn Hindi as people there love me and I should know the language. But that was the time of the underworld mafia culture in Mumbai, so I didn’t even consider it.” The six-time National Award singer-composer further added, “A few years later, I was working in England, but my wife barely spent three months in the UK before she wanted to

Triptii Dimri, debutante Babil Khan starrer Qala to premiere on Netflix on December 1, 2022

Netflix on Tuesday announced the release date of its upcoming psychological drama, Qala will premiere on 1st December 2022. Set in the late 1930s and early 1940s, Qala is the story of an eponymous young playback singer. The film is about Qala’s tragic past and the ways in which it catches up with her, causing her to unravel at the peak of her hard-won success. But the beginning and end of her spiral is her relationship with her mother. The pathology of her upbringing and the neurosis it leads to. Witness the emotional journey of Qala who navigates professional successes while battling personal demons. Director Anvitaa Dutt shares, “ Qala is a story about mothers and daughters. And how a troubled upbringing can damage someone and have far-reaching consequences. Karnesh and I both felt it was an important story to tell. We set it in the world of music in the late 1930s; a setting both evocative and poignant. It has been an exciting and rewarding journey to bring this story to life

Irrfan Khan's wife Sutapa Sikdar tests positive for Covid-19; filmmaker Srijit Mukherjee tests negative

Late actor Irrfan Khan’s wife Sutapa Sikdar has tested positive for coronavirus. On Tuesday, Sutapa took to her Facebook account to grieve for Irrfan’s aunt, Mumani Saab who recently passed away. In her solace message, Sutapa also shared an update on her Covid-19 diagnosis. Sutapa wrote, “When you hear it’s positive just as you open your eyes I was rest assured it’s going to be a negative day. Mumani Saab!! She was one of the rare people I always found smiling..she left us for the forward journey today. Irrfan loved her , the most simple uncomplicated beautiful woman I knew.”Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un'' Alvida mumani Saab your calling me shutoba will forever ring in my ears ..staying in the same city I could not even go see her one last time as I was tested positive what testing times are these. Please pray for her she was a good soul Indeed!!” Filmmaker Srijit Mukherji on Tuesday shared that he has tested negative for the virus after testing positive for Covid-19